Expand Your Interests
You are invited to take part in the 16th Japan Association for Language Teaching’s PanSIG Conference by putting in a presentation proposal relating to the conference theme or to the particular interests of any of JALT's Special Interest Groups (SIGs). Presentations in Japanese are warmly encouraged. For more information about JALT SIGs and their areas of interest, please refer to jalt.org/main/groups under the SIG listing.
Deadline: January 15, 2017
Proposals must be submitted by January 15, 2017. Notifications of final acceptance of proposals will be sent via email between mid-February and early March, 2017.
Submitting a Proposal
Proposals may be submitted by registering here: www.conftool.net/pansig2017, then providing the information below. All speakers will need to register on the ConfTool website.
- PRESENTER INFORMATION: Name, affiliation (academic institution or business), email address, telephone number for first speaker and other speakers.
- TITLE: No more than 50 characters including spaces
- FORMAT: Presentation (25 minutes, including 5 minutes of Q and A), Interactive poster session (45 Minutes including Q and A) or SIG Forum (90 Minutes).
- SHORT SUMMARY: No more than 100 words or 150 characters. This will appear in the conference handbook and also be read as part of the selection process for the conference.
- KEYWORDS: Please list 2-4 keywords to classify your presentation.
- NOTES: Please indicate any special requests you have for your presentation. (Speakers must supply their own computers and any needed adapters.)
Number of Presentations Per Person
Each person may only submit one proposal as lead presenter and may only appear in one other proposal as a co-presenter or forum participant. If a presenter is listed in more than two proposals, excess submissions may be deleted. Since the whole proposal, not simply one presenter, will be eliminated, this will result in co-presenters being eliminated as well, even if they have not exceeded the limit for proposals.