All presenters at PanSIG 2019 will be invited to submit a paper based on their presentation for publication in the 2019 PanSIG Journal. All full article submissions should be made through the journal's submissions page or via the conference email address.
In the same way that the presentations were vetted prior to the conference, journal papers from the conference will also be subjected to peer review. From 2018, we have adopted the policy of peer review, where each submitting author will most likely review a maximum of up to two 2019 PanSIG Journal submissions. Note that publishing in the 2019 PanSIG Journal qualifies as a refereed publication. We would therefore like to encourage all presenters to submit a paper.
- Submission Deadline (initial draft of full paper due): August 15, 2019
- Announcement of Review Decision: November 15, 2019
- Revised Paper Submission (final draft due): January 31, 2020
- Target Date of Publication: April 15, 2020
- Submissions should be no longer than 4,000 words, including references. Note that any papers of over 4,500 words will not be considered for publication and any papers of less than 2,500 words are unlikely to be selected for inclusion. Also, please try to restrict any appendices to no more than three pages.
- Papers should be either research or practice oriented. Submissions should discuss the author's research or a teaching technique that is being used in the classroom. Papers that consist of only extended literature reviews are unlikely to be selected for inclusion. Please look at the previous years' journal articles for examples of these two types of papers on the PanSIG Journal website.
- Forum presenters can submit papers as a group or individually. If forum presenters are submitting individually, the topic of the individual papers must be different enough to warrant individual submissions. If forum presenters are submitting as a group, the paper must still meet the 4000-word limit to be accepted. Please contact the journal editors if you have any questions.
- Papers submitted to the 2019 PanSIG Journal must not have been previously published, nor should they be under consideration for publication elsewhere. All manuscripts are first reviewed by an editor to ensure they comply with JALT Guidelines. Those considered for publication will then be subjected to blind review by at least two readers.
Please refer to the PanSIG Journal website at pansigjournal.org for further details. Questions about the journal may be sent to the Editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Debopriyo Roy, Editor
John Blake, Assistant Editor