PanSIG 2020 Submissions Closed
Thank you to everyone who has submitted a proposal for a presentation at PanSIG 2020. We are in the process of vetting these submissions.
- February 17: We hope to send out initial acceptances, rejections, and requests for people to rewrite and resubmit.
- March 2: We hope to send out final decisions.
Note that all presenters must join the submission website in order to be listed as a co-presenter or member of a forum.
Call for Submissions
You are invited to take part in the 19th Japan Association for Language Teaching’s PanSIG Conference by submitting a presentation proposal relating to the particular interests of any of JALT's Special Interest Groups (SIGs). Presentations in Japanese as well as other languages are also warmly encouraged. For more information about JALT SIGs and their areas of interest, please refer to jalt.org/main/groups under the SIG listing.
Proposals must be submitted by January 20th, 2020 (extended deadline). Notifications of final acceptance of proposals will be sent via email between mid-February and early March, 2020.
Submitting a Proposal
Please use our PanSIG Conference Submission Site to submit your proposal. Please note that is not the ConfTool site we have used in the past, so please create a new account before submitting. Also, please note that your co-presenters must also create their own account; you can submit your proposal now, and add your co-presenters to the proposal after they have created their own account.
- PRESENTER INFORMATION: Name, affiliation (academic institution or business), email address, telephone number for first speaker and other speakers.
- TITLE: No more than 50 characters including spaces
- FORMAT: Presentation (25 minutes), Interactive poster session (45 minutes including Q and A) or SIG Forum (90 minutes).
- ABSTRACT: No more than 200 words or 300 Japanese characters. This will appear in the conference handbook and also be read as part of the selection process for the conference.
- KEYWORDS: Please list 2-4 keywords to classify your presentation.
- NOTES: Please indicate any special requests you have for your presentation. (Speakers must supply their own computers and any needed adapters.)
Number of Presentations Per Person
Each person may only submit one proposal as lead presenter and may only appear in one other proposal as a co-presenter or forum participant. If a presenter is listed in more than two proposals, excess submissions may be deleted. Since the whole proposal, not simply one presenter, will be eliminated, this will result in co-presenters being eliminated as well, even if they have not exceeded the limit for proposals.