PanSIG 2023 Conference and Research Grants
Thank you for your interest in PanSIG conference grants. The application period for PanSIG 2023 is now closed.
February 14: Conference Grant Application results have been emailed. If you applied for one, please check your inbox!
The PanSIG 2023 Committee has prepared two types of grants: conference grants and research grants. These grants will be awarded to applicants who do not have financial support from their institutions or workplace. The grants support the conference's goal of empowering educators to improve the quality of education.
Applications should reflect the aims of the conference which can be read here. Applicants can only apply for one type of grant. In the case of applicants applying for two grants, only the first received application will be considered.
PanSIG 2023 Conference Grants
The PanSIG 2023 Committee is offering Conference Grants of up to 50,000 yen for applicants who do not have financial support from their institutions or workplace.
- How will applications be appraised?
The funds will be awarded based on the quality of the applications. Applications should explain why attending the conference will help the applicant develop professionally. The number of grants awarded is limited to a total of five.
- Who can apply for the Conference Grants?
- This is an open call. Even non-JALT members or previous members with an expired membership can apply for this grant. However, only JALT members can receive the funds. Because of this, Grant winners will be given a 10-day period to become JALT members or renew their membership.
- Applicants working full-time or part-time in the field of language education are eligible. They can be working at any level: preschool to tertiary and adult education, as well as individual instructors working for themselves, companies, or language schools.
- Applicants who are enrolled as part-time or full-time graduate students are also eligible.
- Grant awardees must have a Japanese bank account.
- Current restrictions
The following categories cannot apply for this grant:
- Applicants who receive financial support from their institutions or workplace.
- Applicants who have previously applied for the PanSIG 2023 Research Grants
- Are recipients required to contribute to the conference?
Yes. Successful conference grant recipients must contribute to the 2023 PanSIG Post-Conference Journal by writing a report explaining how attending the conference changed their thinking or helped them develop professionally.
- What is the deadline for applying for Conference Grants?
Applicants must submit their applications by 23:59 (JST) on Friday, January 20, 2023. Applicants will then be informed of the results by mid-February. Recipients will be individually notified by email. Grant recipients will also be announced on the PanSIG website, social networks, and in the 2023 PanSIG Post-Conference Journal.
- What is the schedule for the Conference Grants?
The main schedule lasts from December 05, 2022, to September 30, 2023.
|Schedule for Conference Grants|
|2023||January 20||Application period ends|
|2023||February 15||Applicants and recipients will be informed of results|
|2023||April 15||Recipients send an itinerary to join the conference|
|2023||May 12-14||Recipients join the conference|
|2023||September 20||Deadline for the conference report|
|2023||September 30||Recipients receive the money|
How to apply?
Visit this link to submit your application: https://forms.gle/GEVTjFS3zqLB2PGL9
The deadline for applying for research grants has passed (October 31, 2022).
For more information on the research grants, please check the Rules and Conditions here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QDQSF3n-AbMf4WQzXSQNf3xnJkqHerqX/view?usp=sharing
Japanese version: 研究助成の応募条件 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XeIasIi6QKIFI0IjrEbMXFcDy1i3BxGv/view?usp=sharing